RULES AND REGULATIONS
Rules and Regulations
1. No student will be admitted to the institute, unless his/her application for admission is duly countersigned by the parent/guardian.
2. Application for admission to the courses should be made in the prescribed form available along with the prospectus. Cost of the application form and prospectus is Rs. 500/-
3. Interview requests will be sent to the short listed candidates. Admission will be confirmed only after the interview
4. Interview requests will be sent to the short listed candidates. Admission will be confirmed only after the interview
5. Overseas students must submit proof of having sufficient financial resources adequate to meet the educational expenses required for the duration of the course. This should be in the form of a recent Bank statement, in original, and must be provided before admission is granted.
6. Seat block will not be refunded.
7. Original certificates deposited on admission shall not be returned before clearing all the liabilities with the institution.
8. Administration office timings are from 7.30 am to 5.30 pm (MON-FRI) & 9.30 am to 5.00pm (SAT).
9. All students must provide three passport size photographs at the time of the admission.
10. Students who don’t submit the original Secondary school leaving Certificates for the interview shall submit it at the earliest date.
11. Original certificates deposited at the time of the admission will be returned only after the completion of the course and clearing all the dues.
12. Once the student is admitted and if he/she discontinues the course, the fees paid will not be refunded.
1. Fees and other related charges should be paid within the period stipulated by the institute at the time of the admission
2. Fees should be paid only at the office cash counter and a receipt should be obtained immediately. The Management will not be responsible for any illegal payments.
3. All fees are due at the appropriate time and can be paid in full or in three equal installments. The first installment should be paid at the time of admission. The next two installments should be paid by the 10th of the month when they are due. Failure to pay the fees on the announced date will attract a fine of Rs. 50/- till 17th of the month. If the fees still unpaid after the 17th, he/she will be dismissed from the Academy.
4. Candidates will be entitled to a 5% concession of the total tuition fee if paid in full.
5. Candidates joining for more than one course at a time will get a concession of 10% of their tuition fee.
6. Fees once paid for a course, in full or part, will not be refunded/adjusted/transferred under any reason to any other course or person
8. Course completion Certificate will be issued only upon settling applicable fees.
Attendance and Examinations
1. A biometric technology system monitors the students’ attendance.
2. Continuous absence for 15 days without prior permission or any valid reason will lead to removal of the candidate from the rolls.
3. Periodical class tests will be carried out and the performance of the student will be intimated to the parent/guardian.
4. Speedwings Diplomas will only be issued to students who secure the required minimum pass marks.
a. Passing Levels: 60% and above
b. Distinction : 85% and above
a. Passing Levels: 60% and above
b. Distinction : 85% and above
5. Students with less than 80% attendance will not be permitted to write the final exam.
1. It is mandatory for all students to wear their institute ID card while in the campus.
2. It is compulsory that students should attend the institute in the stipulated institute uniform even on special days of functions and rehearsals unless specified otherwise.
3. Low waist pants are not allowed in the campus.
4. The shirt is to be tucked in properly.
5. All boys must wear vests.
6. Shoes must be black in color, clean and neatly polished.
5. Whenever students are permitted to wear casual clothes, they must be suitably and modestly be attired for school.
1. All students shall be in the class room at 9.55am, 5 minutes prior the morning bell.
2. The institute expects students to be polite, friendly and well behaved in and outside the institute. They shall be respectful to their teachers, elders and considerate towards their juniors: honest and truthful at all times.
3. Students shall not leave their classrooms or enter other classrooms without permission.
4. Students are not allowed to enter teacher’s cubicle without permission or in the absence of any teacher.
5. Speaking in English is compulsory at the institute for the benefit of the learners in the long run, especially of those who have not been used to earlier.
6. Preference for campus placements are strictly based on the class performance, behavior and internal assessments
7. Any damage caused to the property of the institute or of other students must be reported to the management and will have to be compensated for.
8. Mobile phones are not permitted in the institute. Should they be found in use in the campus, they would be confiscated .
9. Students are not permitted to bring iPods, cameras, laptops and other electronic equipment without the permission of the teacher concerned.
10. Campus has adopted anti-ragging procedures and students should not indulge in any such activities.
11. Parents/Guardians are not allowed to enter class rooms.
. Written Intimation: We believe in keeping the parents informed promptly of positive as well as negative behavioral changes observed in the students from time to time
. Counseling: Any kind of behavioral or emotional problems, or academic backwardness may be discussed in person as and when required, in an informal and conducive atmosphere.
. Conference: A conference will be called to inform the parents about the inappropriate behavior of their wards in spite of repeated warnings, with suggestions for parental action and support.
. Parents can meet the respective teachers only with the permission of the Admin - Head between 1.00pm to 2.00pm.
1. Any legal matter pertaining to the institution, is limited within Ernakulam jurisdiction only.
2. Hostel accommodation: The Management will assist to find suitable accommodation for male and female students at nearby hostels.
3. Preference for campus placement will be based on the student’s performance in the Finishing School and/or Internal Assessments.
Note : Students will be provided only with placement assistance from the institute.
Parents are advised to:
1. Respond to circulars and other communication from the institute promptly.
2. Supervise your ward’s daily activities.
3. Ensure that the ward has adequate hours of study at home and completes all assignments.
4. Encourage your ward to participate in all co-curricular activities and school functions.
5. Ensure your ward is punctual.
6. Attend open-house meetings to get an update on the student’s academic progress and conduct.
7. Intimate any change of phone number or address to the institute promptly.
8. Ensure your ward gives due consideration to the following areas.
• Lack of effort
• Preparing for class
• Missing assignments
• Completes work in time
• Exclusion from class
• Poor test score/ grades
• Excessive late coming
• Excessive absence
• Lending/borrowing money
• Disrespectful to others
• Disturbs/physically hurts others
• Speaking in English
• Bad attitude and language
• Excess cash in hand
• Speaking in English
• Destroying institute’s property
University (UPES) Rules And Regulations For BBA(AO)
9. The BBA(AO) degree program of University of Petroleum and Energy Studies is of six semesters in 3 years.
10. Each semester will have 6 subjects. Each subject will have 2 assignments each in a semester.
11. Students should submit the assignments on the given date by the teachers which will be well in advance of the university date of admission.
12. Only in the first semester the teachers may assist the students in doing the assignments.
13. Voluntary participation in the class room and co-curricular activities is expected from students.
14. Students should meet the university’s SGPA percentage.
15. Repeat exams for failed subjects and assignments will costRs.1000/- and 500/- respectively.
16. University insists that the students must attain 80% attendance in each semester. Students having medical reasons for taking leave must produce valid medical certificate.
17. Students are eligible to take 12 leaves during each semester. Management will not be responsible for any kind of leaves taken by students other than medical leaves (*conditions apply).
18. Students must submit Secondary and Higher Secondary certificates along with 3 Passport size photographs on the day of interview.
19. Students who do not submit certificates on the interview date should submit it at the earliest for university verification purposes.
20. University exams are conducted online. All students should have their own laptops. Assignments are also submitted online
21. Regular classes are from Monday to Friday. IATA classes maybe conducted on Saturdays. Students are expected to attend the classes without fail. Students absent from IATA classes must bring their guardian’sverified consent or else will not be permitted to attend the class.
22. Internship program should be initiated by the students on their own.